PDA

View Full Version : Early Playboy centerfolds - Where's all the pictures?

CandyFan
06-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Just wondering where all the pictures are of the early Playboy Centerfolds? The first twenty years of Hef's empire was built on centerfolds. To name a few outstanding ones, Avis Kimble, Elaine Reynolds, Pamela Ann Gordon, Toni Ann Thomas, Melinda Windsor, Linda Moon, Fran Gerard, etc.

Problem is, on every one of these early Centerfolds, there seem to be only about thirty some pictures of each in existence?

Where are all the out-takes, the rejects? What happened to the hundreds of other shots that have never been published?

If Playboy is holding them back, why?

BEAUABER237
06-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Just wondering where all the pictures are of the early Playboy Centerfolds? The first twenty years of Hef's empire was built on centerfolds. To name a few outstanding ones, Avis Kimble, Elaine Reynolds, Pamela Ann Gordon, Toni Ann Thomas, Melinda Windsor, Linda Moon, Fran Gerard, etc.

Problem is, on every one of these early Centerfolds, there seem to be only about thirty some pictures of each in existence?

Where are all the out-takes, the rejects? What happened to the hundreds of other shots that have never been published?

If Playboy is holding them back, why?

Probably long since in the trash as photographers cleaned out their files of unsold (ie: useless) shots in the Sixties & Seventies, before the nostalgia bug bit. "Who wants to look at old dirty pictures?" Playboy has probably published every shot it ever bought - far be it for Hefner to not have squeezed all he could out of every purchase (from a Playboy shareholder's perspective, of course, that's just what he was paid the big bucks to do).

sub006
06-30-2009, 03:22 AM
I've seen nice bikini shots of Linda Moon, taken by Dean Moon (the speed equipment pioneer) for his catalog. Maybe his work brought her to Playboy's attention and they appropriated his last name for her?

Tony T
06-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Whilst there are a number of sets of the 60's onwards on the site (more being posted as time goes by) there does not seem to be much of the 50's.

As I mentioned in another thread I have 2 DVDs of the playmates from 1953 to 2000 (collected over the years), and have extracted the 50's from one of these. Some of the months do not contain many pictures, and it is possible that there may be some duplicates with pictures already posted on the site.

Attached is an RS link to the .rar file (114MB), and I hope this will fill some of the gaps. The link and the .rar has been tested so enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/250443208/Playmates_1950_s.rar

TT

shinyr
07-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I'll compare what's in the PM Centerfold Gallery to what I have over the next few days and post anything I have that's not already there. Just posted a pic of Jackie Rainbow.

PEACE AL

shinyr
07-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok, so I just got done going thru the pix in the Playboy Centerfold Gallery. I'm gonna post everything I have up to 12/59 that's not in the gallery or in the rar file Tony T posted. Then I'll start posting the 60's and 70's. I'll post 'em all in the Centerfold Gallery folder, or in their individual models folders.

PEACE AL

javelin
07-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks to Tony T for the posting. There are some rarities in the files.

Jav

shinyr
07-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I've just posted three pix of Tonya in the pre-1980 Playboy Centerfolds Gallery. If anyone has more, or higher res shots of her, I'd love to see them.

TIA

PEACE AL

Tony T
07-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Shinyr

Tonya Crews was PM March 1961 - March 1963 was Adrienne Moreau.

TT